First Lines Meme - pick the first line of twenty of your most recent fics and post them. Then meditate on them. Oooommmm. What do they tell you? What patterns do you see?
Two not yet posted/completed:
a. “You can call me Austin, if you want,” Davey said breathlessly.
b. Roderick has fucked exactly three teammates.
1. Lacey held out her hand. Aries didn’t move a muscle to take it.
2. Lacey offers him more than a lie. She offers conviction.
3. Mack spent a lot of time listening to Tyzonn.
4. Tyzonn spends a lot of time watching his team.
5. “It’s all Trent’s fault,” Conner decrees later.
6. Dru was all of six years old when his mother shoved a folder of pictures under his nose.
7. Once Sirius fell, more than a few changes had to be made.
8. Hunter didn’t believe in luck. He believed in karma, to a degree.
9. He's never alone.
10. He watched as the team slowly dissolved, as they go their separate ways
11. Dinner that evening had been an almost-awkward affair, with Will choking on his peas every time Tyzonn spoke to Mack (the only notable example of which was Tyzonn asking how the salt grinder worked; instead of taking it from Ty, Mack placed his hands atop Tyzonn’s and demonstrated.)
12. “Good afternoon, Ronny.”
13. After spending the entire day following (and copying) Will, Tyzonn had a question.
14. Hunter was investigating the taste of Cam’s back molars when Blake walked in.
15. He left without a backwards glance.
16. Hunter flipped the channels, just as he had been doing for the last half hour.
17. Hunter was face up on his bed, staring at the watermark on the ceiling that looked like Nightcrawler from the X-Men comics.
18. It was cold, for once.
Answers:...I have a hard time staying on the topic I bring up with the first sentence. I either write ridiculously long run-on sentences or they're three words long. I don't write women that often.
|comments: Promo time?|