# Make a post (public, friends-locked, filtered... whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of ten holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV"). The important thing is to make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
# If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) can get in touch with you. Your home address is not required!
# Make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
# Surf around your friends list (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now, here's the important part...
# If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes one person's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use - or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free - do it.
# You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf - to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not - it's your call. There are no guarantees with this project, and no strings attached. Just... wish, and it might come true. Give and you might receive. You'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. Rainbow stuff - any LGBT-related stuff, or just plain rainbows. Still a closeted bisexual, but not through want of trying.
2. Fundraising wristbands - like this; they’re usually $5 in these parts, probably comparable elsewhere. Even if you just managed to pick some up over your travels and you don’t wear them anymore, I’ll be happy to take them off your hands. Or, not, if you don’t wear them anymore…my main goal to get colours to go with every shirt in my wardrobe. I have a grand total of one.
3. rohwrestling.com bumper sticker - went on sale months and months ago, I bought one and it was used to hold together part of my car. Long story. They then stopped selling them. Such an incredible long shot, but I’ll put it out there.
4. Icons, made from a few particular pictures and gifs.
5. A Roomba - this is another long shot. If someone’s recently upgraded I would LOVE this thing.
6. Pop-Tarts! Love for Pop-Tarts. In the one kiosk that stocks them here they are nearly $12 for a box of six. I love the sweet flavours but I’ll attempt anything once. Maybe.
7. Pens from businesses around you - everyone’s got a stack of writing implements with business names on them, right? Send me a couple. From anywhere! These are the type that I find write the best when scribbling stuff down on phone messages.
8. DARE stuff - being in Australia I never went through any programs like that in school. Not really after clothing, but things like pens, rulers, mugs, stickers…all good.
9. Any shoot interviews from US pro wrestlers – especially indy guys. Guys on the level of your Austin Aries, Roderick Strongs, etc. Guys who have been in ROH or PWG. Downloads are awesome, because otherwise these need to be playable in Australia.
10. Clicks on my dailies! My mini city, my dragons.
PO Box 42
Everton Park, QLD, 4053
Thanks very much!
|comments: Promo time?|