- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you. [Note: Your home address is not required!]
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
Teh Wishes -
1) Old school Power Rangers (1993-1999, DVDs or VHS, would appreciate region Australia or region free but will take anything).
2) Mid school WWF/E (1999-2002, anything between the Rock/Austin midcard days and the downward spiral after HHH comes back in '02).
3) New school Mythbusters (Anything after the introduction of the Build Team and their individual myths).
4) Copies of episodes of the best Aussie TV the ABC has given us over the years - Spicks and Specks, Good News Week (although I would love any from the Channel Ten era), The Sideshow or The Glasshouse.
All the preceding ones are fine if you've just taped random episodes on VHS and are finally clearing some out.
5) Funky hats. I'll leave this open.
6) Funky stockings/nylons/knee-highs - coloured, differently patterned, all are grand. I don't know much about sizes, but my feet are Large, and Australian women's 11 which I think equals an American 13.
7) Australian fifty cent coins - any special ones, especially state/territory specific. For my dad, who collects them.
8) A foot spa. :D
9) Any random X-Men comics. Iceman or Colossus centric would be great, but dog-eared random copies are good too.
10) A hug.
12 Joalah Crescent
Ferny Hills, Queensland, 4055
|comments: Promo time?|